Pain comes in all forms... this past week it came in the form of two crowns and one that should have had a root canal first. I spent pretty much all weekend in pain with a throbbing tooth which then caused the ear to hurt.
I love my dentist but I love my hubby more. Thankfully the dentist office was open yesterday even though my dentist wasn't in. They got me right in to see what was going on (i knew, and was pretty sure my regular dentist would have known, but at least they were seeing me). They confirmed that yup we needed a root canal but the dentist was saying it was on the tooth that we weren't expecting to need it on. They work and get me into the specialist who has the tools for a complex root canal on the furthest rear molar and I head home to wait the few hours before my appointment.
Timidly I ask my hubby for a blessing before the appointment because I was a little worried as I'd never had them have to drill through a crown (a brand new one no less) to do anything before. I've asked for very few blessing of him in our 15.5 years together but I always do try to make them be "blessing worthy" issues. I need to realize that anything can be "blessing worthy" what matters is that I ask it of him, if he doesn't use it, he loses faith in the priesthood he's been blessed with. As the time for me to leave for my appointment came I got ready and plopped myself down in the camping chair we keep in our small living room. he said he wasn't exactly comfortable giving me a blessing. I just sat there and said. "Just a little one." As if there is any issue too small for the priesthood to handle. He put his hands on my head and paused and said. "I'm just stroking your hair." but after a few minutes he gave a short, sweet, and simple blessing.
Twenty minutes later I'm sitting in the chair and they have to confirm which tooth it is that is needing the root canal because they weren't 100% convinced it was the one the dentist said by looking at the xrays. They do this horrible test where they take a chilled piece of cotton and rub it on your sensative tooth. They were getting the longest lasting pain response out of the back tooth, the one where the nerve was soooooo very close to the surface. So after some discussion we decide to just go for it. 2.5 hours later I'm done. Another hour after that and I'm no longer numb and.... the throbbing ear aching pain is gone. I am still in pain with a sensative side of my mouth but after two crowns and a root canal that I expect... not to mention the injection needed at the jaw area for the root canal.... that makes opening the mouth hard. I told hubby this morning that I think his blessing worked. I was able to give the right response and they were willing to question the dentist and my pain is pretty much gone. It's now what should be expected. :)
On that note, however, exercising has been less than at the front of my mind. Anything that doesn't require chewing and is fast and easy is my food... so... we'll see how it goes as food that doesn't require chewing doesn't mean it's low calorie... I mean honestly, take a look at Jack in The Box's glorious Oreo Milk Shake... mmmmmmmmmm that' is almost a full days worth of calories in one delicious scarfable cup. :)
Well i'm off to run errands and find more pudding and stuff I can eat. I'm so glad I like pudding. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment