So David's manager is allergic to gluten and always miffed when I send some tastey treat with him that is made with regular wheat flour or any flour that has gluten in it. So the last time I sent something it was a box of gluten free chocolate chip cookies. She (and another guy there) were so impressed they wanted the recipe. I told Dave they came from a box and so he said he'd conveniently forget to tell me about it.
And so the last few days I've been looking at my over ripe banana's....
![]() | |
| over ripe banana's... just in case you didn't get that. |
thinking... I should make some banana bread.....
that thought crossed my mind many times but at the same time i was all... but do I really have time/space/energy? Well probably not but that's not gonna stop the banana's from going bad.
So today after my like four hour nap after sacrament I decided that I had dishes done and it would be a great time to kill three birds with one stone.... make banana bread using my "new" mixer I inherited from one of my amazing grandma's (yes that's you Grandma Donna) on my last visit home, and try a gluten free recipe...
3 birds:
-Over ripe Banana's
-New Mixer
-Gluten Free
I borrowed the recipe from another blog and after a reasonable amount of time and only two substitutions.... well 3 really .... not only did I make gluten free banana bread, but I also made it vegan!
Instead of the 4 eggs the recipe called for I used an egg replacer for the same amount of egg.
Instead of applesauce (because I didn't have any) I just mashed up the equivalent banana (after all it's banana bread and what goes better with that than more banana?)
And I didn't have the sorgum flour, so I used sweet white rice flour.
David and I both are very pleased with the end results.
\
I did add a few cranks of my cinimon and sugar grinder to the top because I LOVE cinnimon on my banana bread. I did omit the nuts/chocolate chips purely for the sake of keeping the recipe as simple as possible and wanting to see if it could stand alone or if it had to be saved by the fix all of chocolate.
Now I have to clean up.... not my favorite part... but oh well. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment